Followup: Seam sealer undercoat removal

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Followup: Seam sealer undercoat removal
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:38:31 -0500
HI list,
        I try to keep my emails short, but after reading the digest, my
comment here is perhaps too brief.
        Of course, we don't want to put paint remover on the car's exterior
paint!  What I did was sucessfully remove undercoat from the frame and
suspension bits with paint remover.  The water-soluble type is not as
aggressive as, say Zip-Strip, and cleaned up easier, as well.  I also carefully
tried a small test area on the inside of one of the wings, and it took off the
undercoat, and didn't affect the enamel paint underneath.
        Just thought I'd clear that up.  It was late, I was tired......

Hello,
        Try water-soluble paint remover.  I have sucessfully removed
undercoat with it.
                Good Luck,
                Rick   1973 TR6  CF257OU