Re: TR3A with Yellow Frame

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A with Yellow Frame
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:16:19 -0500
Who in 1990 at TRA or VRT would have believed me that my frame had really
been yellow ?  I have a photo to prove it but at that time I would have been
docked even more point for such a rediculous and non-original yellow frame.

In 1991, TRA docked me points because my dealer-installed plunger for the
wind-screen washer was "in the wrong place on the dash".  It seems they had
blueprints from the factory that showed it should be to the right of the
pull choke.  When I asked where the factory drawings came from and where the
steering wheel was in that blueprint, they replied "England - and it was a
sectional drawing which didn't show the steering wheel".  In England, a
drawing drawn in England by an Englishman for an English car which would
have been RH drive, it would been logical to show the convenient location
there for a car with RH drive.

Sometimes you can never win.

Don Elliott 1958 TR3A
Montreal, Canada

 <TR250Driver@aol.com> wrote

> There you are Darrell, "now you have the rest of the story" and next year
> you can dock me a few points in the concours because my car has a black
> frame and is not as it was "originally",
>
> Don,
> Oh heck, I will let you go on this one.  I can keep a secret.  I won't
tell
> on you.  I bet you feel a whole lot better now that you have confessed.
If