RE: Gen'l EFI Help (GM V6) - Mostly non-LBC and long

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gen'l EFI Help (GM V6) - Mostly non-LBC and long
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:57:07 -0800
> Neither can be accomplished with the stock Throttle
> body or injectors.  I doubt the stock ECU will work
> either.

Fred :

The stock engine breathes pretty hard, you may find that the stock TB will
do.  Likewise, the stock injectors may do, with perhaps an increase in
system pressure.  You didn't say how fast you were planning to turn (which
is one of the major ingredients to this equation), but I've heard the 60deg
V6 doesn't like to turn very fast.

Check out
http://www.diy-efi.org/
for a mailing list that covers exactly what you are trying to do.  There
should be a link to the archives somewhere too, that will have things like
how to modify your ECU, what injectors to look for, etc.  Lots of very
knowledgeable people, but as always don't believe _everything_ you read <g>

Randall