Re: TR3/TR4 Tires

To: "Geo Hahn" <geohahn@theriver.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3/TR4 Tires
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:55:44 -0500
Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com> WROTE
> I know this has been rehashed many times but prior popular
> recommendations do not seem to be available -- in particular the
> Michelin XZXs and the Dunlop SP20s.
>
> This is for street use and the prior description of the Dunlops sounded
> good (not as long wearing but good adhesion/ride).
>
> Any other suggestions in the 165/15?  Dealers who cannot get the Dunlops
> suggest Kumho (sp?), Cooper, Kelly-Springfield.  Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Geo Hahn
> 59 TR3A
> 64 TR4
> Tucson

I RAN 57,000 MILES ON FOUR (4) MICHELIN XZX 165 SR 15's over 10 years.
Never had a flat.  Never needed to use the spare.  Driving to VTR in
Colorado, I got tire separation in Iowa and bought 4 Kelly-Springfield
CENTRED's - but they are 165 R 15's not SR.  In 4,000 miles they seem OK.
They are about 30% of the price of Michelins.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A
Montreal, Canada