TR6 front valances

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 front valances
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:16:26 -0500
Hi again,

My TR6 is a 74 1/2 which means it has the turn indicators mounted in the
valance itself, not hung under the bumper.  I've located a late front
valance off a 76 to replace the one I wrapped around a tree.

Can the 76 be simply modified to fit on my early car?  I know the holes
for the turn indicators were made smaller on the late front and allowed
the bumper mounting outriders to pass through them.  I also know the
bumps near the bottom of the valance where the early bumper outriders
attached are still there on the later fronts.

So, are the bumps in the same place on the early and late front
valances?  If they are, can I simply enlarge the holes above them and
mount my turn signals in them?

Rob
Ottawa, ON
74.5 TR6  CF28217UO  (looking for a new nose....)