RE: TR6 front valances

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 front valances
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:13:04 +1100
Eric

With Triumphs it is never as simple as that.  According to the Moss
Catalogues, the 74.5 model started at CF27001 with rubber overriders,
raised bumpers and turn indicators in the front bumper.

I have seen photographs of an August 1974 car with rubber bumpers but
without the raised front bumper and lowered turn indicators.  My car
(CF29281U) is dated November 1974 and has/had the raised bumper and
relocated indicators.  It seems that the 74.5 changes did not all
happen at once but were introduced gradually (randomly?) over several
months.

There must have been many of these undocumented changes and the best
way to identify them would be to support Corey Sherman's TR6 register
and provide him with photographs.  If he gets enough data, some
patterns should emerge.

Regards, Trevor Jordan