Re: Lightweight Flywheel

Subject: Re: Lightweight Flywheel
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:15:49 -0500
If the piston weights are all equal and the same for the con-rods, the
engine will idle a lot smoother than an engine right out the factory.  The
weight of the flywheel is to keep the rotational momentum of the engine
smooth.  If the engine is balanced, a lightened flywheel will still let the
engine idle smoothly.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A

Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com> wrote