RE: TR3A Windscreen glazing replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Windscreen glazing replacement
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:43:14 -0500
Ed,

I just went through the same experience replacing the original windshield
glass in my 1960 TR3A. The Moss strip is easily twice the thickness of the
original piece, and simply does not fit.   I ended up buying two bicycle
tubes, splitting them lengthwise and using one strip each for the top and
the bottom piece.  A 26" tube is long enough to use in one piece.  I used a
standard tube, but if I was doing it again, I would use the thicker,
"puncture-proof" type.  In any case, it worked and seems fine.

Brent Smith
Atlanta, GA
1960 TR3A
1987 XJ6 SIII