Re: TR3A Windscreen glazing replacement

To: Popnglo@aol.com, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Windscreen glazing replacement
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:54:06 EST
I had the same trouble when trying to re-install the windshield on my TR3A, I
found that the TRF supplied glazing material was too wide.

I opted for a slightly different method. I purchased (rom an auto parts
store) the sticky clay like roll of adhesive/sealer that is used to secure
modern windshields.  I stretched the material and inserted it into the
channel of the windshield frame.  Note, don't overfill the channel.  I then
installed the windshield and squeezed the excess out, which can then be
trimmed with a razor blade.  The next day I retrimmed a few places where more
of the glazing putty washed pushed out. It's been fine since.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399