Nigerian Bank Scam

To: Spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nigerian Bank Scam
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:44:13 EST
Joe,

You are right to be suspicious,

It certainly is a scam, the perpetrators get peoples addresses etc from hobby
type magazines etc, and write to them with this or some other similar ploy to
get their bank account numbers, then they get some crooked bank employee to
empty their accounts as fast as possible.

Do not under any circumstances reply, just give whatever you have to the
authorities. I my view this is a type of terrorism, and should be treated as
such.

For some reason, a great deal of this type of stuff comes from Nigeria.

Regards