Nigerian Scam

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nigerian Scam
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:51:10 -0800 (PST)
Listers,

It's a scam.  I attended a Nigerian Organized Crime Seminar (I'm a Florida
State Law Enforcement Officer) in Washington, DC in the fall of 1999 sponsored
by the Secret Service.  At the time these types of offers were the most
prolific of the many Nigerian scams.  Apparently they steal the fax machines
(then, now they're using email), the telephone service/internet connections,
the paper and the printer refills through credit card fraud and just send these
letters/emails out by the thousands.  I was amazed to learn of the number of
educated people who had responded and sent money and merchandise to them in an
attempt to collect their 20 to 25% of the "millions".  Obviously, if they
didn't get anyone to respond, they would stop sending these notices.  The US
Secret Service has several task forces in operation (one in the Ft. Lauderdale
area) that is dedicated exclusively to Nigerian Organized Crime matters.  I
forward at least one of these letters a month to the Sectret Service from
concerned citizens in my area.  I'm sure they must have scammed someone out of
a Triumph over the years (obligatory LBC content).

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6 (State Attorney's Office, Clearwater, Fl.)
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.