RE: TR genuine original factory Radio

Subject: RE: TR genuine original factory Radio
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:41:54 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul :

I did not mean to imply that your radio was not genuine, not my intent at
all.  I was just commenting on the relative scarcity of the original radios.

But I believe the panel work was present on all cars (after some point,
don't know offhand what), not just those fitted with radios.  General policy
for cars delivered to North America seems to have been that the factory did
not fit radios, they were dealer-installed items (again I have no doubt that
there were exceptions), but for that reason there was no cutting required
for the dealer to install them.  TS39781LO has the cutout, under the quarter
panel, but no indication that anything was ever mounted in it, before I put
a speaker in the hole.

Randall