Re: T/R 4 breather

To: vafred@erols.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: T/R 4 breather
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:58:10 +1100 FILETIME=[8A794AD0:01C1A4E7]
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Fred Thomas wrote:

>If my memory stills serves me were T/R cars not shipped to Australia and
>then
>assembled, so this very well could have been a Aussie engineer design, it
>is
>possible you know.  "FT"

Fred,

That's a good point. Some TR3s were assembled in Australia, at the
Australian Motor Industries plant in Melbourne. The TR3s assembled there had
minor differences the the Coventry assembled product. However, no TR4s were
ever assembled here AFAIK. The Saloons were also shipped and assembeld here
well into the 70s, but for some reason not the sports cars.

That norrows it down to either strange happenings on the Coventry shop floor
when CT23641 O was built, or a very strange PO prior to 1968 (or maybe the
dealer changed the rocker cover under warranty with whatever they had
available)...

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O