Re: Fw: new VTR site. It ain't the way it used to be...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: new VTR site. It ain't the way it used to be...
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:54:47 EST
First off, the VTR site seems to be back in order again! Thanks to all who let
us know directly or via the lists.

In a message dated Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:48:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Bernie"
<bernd.vabeach@erols.com> writes:

> > just to dovetail on Randall comment, I too found the classified section of
> > the VTR site, however it is not as easy as it was on the old site, why fix
> > it when it aint broke, just my two cent worth
> > Bernie

We appreciate what you're saying; some other folks have mentioned that as well.
Overall, though, the new classifieds are much more useful in that they can be
searched easily in any number of ways. The format is also more flexible in more
easily accepting want ads and ads for other than whole cars (parts, literature,
etc.). Finally, there is no intervention required on the part of VTR folk if an
ad needs to be modified, corrected or deleted; whoever posted the ad can now do
that himself/herself. All in all, we feel it's a worthwhile improvement over
the old ads (good as they were).

--Andy
Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
The Vintage Triumph Register <http://www.vtr.org>