RE: 72 gt6 questions

To: "'larry stein'" <larry@ehc.org>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 72 gt6 questions
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:48:06 -0800
1. Standard (5/8?) pipe plug is the norm on the oil pan drain.
2. Never in 312,000 miles had any problem with crank pulley as is.
3 & 4. No inside seal on my TR-6 valve cover. Fibre seal under the outside
nuts sufficient. No nuts on studs internally that I ever saw. Valve cover
only bends if nuts are overtightened.
5. Tranny shaft bushing at flywheel is not a pressed fit. Easily slides in
and out.

Mistaken on 5 out of 5 is not a good record IMNSHO. Look out for this guy.
You will spend enough as is without doing what is unnecessary.

Deano