72 gt6 oil pressure question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 72 gt6 oil pressure question
From: "larry stein" <larry@ehc.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:09:48 -0700
before i fire up my $2,000+ rebuild...  how much oil should i see
'splashing around' with the valve cover off ?  i broke a valve spring
which dropped a valve which went thru a piston...  don't want that
experience again.  i have seen an aftermarket oil enhancer for the
rocker arm area.  is this a good thing to have / get ?  if i start the
engine with the valve cover off, at idle, how much oil should i see
'squirting' around ?  and from where ?  the top holes on the rocker arm
?  the holes near the pushrods ?  one squirt per second ?  how 'far'
should it squirt ?  i know this sounds funny, but my wallet is really
hurting right now, so ....

thanks for the info (and thanks to all you guys who responded to my last
questions) i appreciate it !

larry stein
 <mailto:larry@ehc.org> larry@ehc.org