RE: Lockheed brake cylinder overhaul question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lockheed brake cylinder overhaul question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:10:22 -0800
Frank, I don't know if that's what's actually in your wheel cylinders, but
there is a special grease that is compatible with English brake fluid and
rubber seals.  Little packets of it come with Girling rebuild kits, I don't
know about Lockheed ones.  Moss sells the little packets, P/N 220-440, but
they sure aren't cheap ($2.10 for enough to do one wheel).  I got a tube of
it at Bap-Geon many years ago, but I've no idea where to buy the tubes
today.

Randall