Re: helpful hints on start-up after rebuilding

To: larry@ehc.org
Subject: Re: helpful hints on start-up after rebuilding
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:32:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
There is some intersting stuff on Brian Sandborn's webpage at

http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Back_Together-2.htm

On my side, I am just putting the 1st miles on an Healey 3000 which
engine I rebuilt over the summer. I just made sure that I had plenty
of assembly lube on the cam lobes (before fitting the rocker shaft,
because after it's done it's a bit more problematic to remove the
tappets...), I tried to fill the oil galleries from the cylinder head
using a hole in the head casting that's used normally by a pipe
bringing oil to the rocker shaft. I don't see a similar pipe in the
TR4 head I have on my desk (talk about a paper weight) and I have to
assume that the oil is brought to the rocker shaft through the
pedestals.

The rest is on the above page.

Francois
http://auctions.yahoo.com