Re: TR4 Dash Removal

To: geohahn@theriver.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Dash Removal
From: Volare340@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:30:07 EST
>From past experience, it would be virtually impossible to replace the top of
the dash without disassembly, so it is a good idea to remove the windshield,
then take the dash out.  It's not as bad as it sounds.  I did it years ago to
refinish the wooden dash on my 1964 TR 4 (this was my 2nd car in high school
- my first was a 1960 Mini), and it was fairly straightforward - painstaking,
but not difficult, even for a teenager.  You'll have to do it to replace the
dash top anyway, and I PROMISE, the results when you get all that back in are
worth the effort.  I used to love to stare at my beautiful wooden dash and my
shiny black crashpad, often to the detriment of my driving.

I'll end here before I get too sentimental.  I just realized how much I miss
that car!

Tom K
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
1974 TR6