Re: TR4 Speedo Reset Knob (not TR3)

To: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Speedo Reset Knob (not TR3)
From: Steven Newell <newellsteven@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:15:21 -0800 (PST)
-- Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com> wrote:
> > I am in need of the shaft used to reset the trip
> odometer on a TR4
> > speedo.  Probably the same as used on the '3, not
> sure about other applications....
>
> Oops.  A reply from Randall informs me that it is
> the late TR4 speedo that has
> this item... the earlier units used a cotter pin,
> not a set screw.

My [relatively] early TR4 -- CT5018LO -- appears to
have had a set screw rather than a cotter pin for the
tripmeter reset knob. Recently reattached it with a
screw from an eyeglass repair kit. Granted I don't
know what had attached it originally, as the knob fell
out the first time I turned the knob and I never
recovered a cotter pin or a screw. But the receiving
end for the reset knob of the curved-glass speedo
*was* threaded.

Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA
'62 TR4