GT6 Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Fuel Pump
From: StanTR6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:46:37 EST
List,
I have been an active reader of the list for several months; responding to a
few of you off-list with comments and suggestions.   I have a 1974 TR6 that I
am performing a complete frame-off restoration on.  I have had the engine
(Rick Cline) and transmission (Vinco) professionally rebuilt, tranny "grew" a
J-Type O-drive.  Rebuilt Diff. Rebuilt (TRF) rear hubs, new bushings,
bearings, springs, etc.  Body getting complete makeover, with Vicky Britt
interior kit.  Powder coated front and rear engine plates, timing chain
cover, rocker and thermostat cover, ceramic coated exhaust manifold,
etc.,...- I will roll odometer to zero as this will be a new 1974 TR6 !!
The greatest attitude shift I had was to avoid scrimping when undertaking
such a major effort.  Go ahead, spring for the O'drive if having Tranny
rebuilt - you will always wish you had.   If accessing the rear cross member
- install the gussets to beef up the diff. mounts.  Tap all over the bottom
of the frame with a pointed body-work hammer to locate ALL the interior
corrosion, etc., etc.

Somewhere in its' life, the fuel pump in my TR6 needed replacement, and had
been changed to an AC Glass Dome style, Type F.  Per TRF, that type fuel pump
is applicable to the GT6.  I have since come across and rebuilt an AC fuel
pump appropriate for the TR6.   Per TRF, they are long out of AC glass dome
fuel pumps for the GT6, but they were sold for approximately $80.00 eight
years ago.

With that in mind, I have posted at www.vtr.org / classified the AC Type F
fuel pump.
If interested, take a look.

And if you are suffering through a frame-off, contact me and we can form a
support group !!

Stan