Re: Lightening flywheels

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lightening flywheels
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:33:08 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/27/02 9:49:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Windoseat@aol.com writes:

> Hey, not to worry, if the flywheel comes apart and blows through the
> aluminum
> bell housing on my GT6+ the cardboard transmission cover is sure to stop
> the
> pieces! ;-)

Actually Greg
when this happens, most of the flying pieces seem to stay in the same
plane the flywheel was rotating in,so heavy damage is sustained by the
bell housing, firewall, and heater box - NOT the drivers feet - although
some underwear may need to be replaced.
I believe this is how my  70 GT6+ came by its non-original bell housing,
odd firewall repair and heater box made from a NoParking sign, but this
all occurred prior to my stewardship of the vehicle so YMMV.

Cheers

Jack Mc
73 TR6
2 69 GT6+s
70 GT6+
"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas