RE: Follow-up, TR6 Strange Coincidences

Subject: RE: Follow-up, TR6 Strange Coincidences
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:57:28 -0800
Pete, even if that's not the problem, a spare rotor and cap are very good
things to have.  In fact, many people (including myself) keep a spare set
wrapped in plastic in the center of the spare tire.  The fellow whose rotor
failed on the way home from VTR 2000 does now, too.

Lessee, the failing ignition switch shorted out the feedback wire to the
alternator, causing it to go full output.  The increased juice to the
Allison let it put out enough extra voltage to punch through the rotor.
Yeah, that's the ticket <g>

BTW, Dan Masters is no longer on the list, but he will usually respond to
direct questions.  You could email him for a second opinion ...

Randall