TR6 High Compression Engine

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 High Compression Engine
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:48:32 -0500
Hi everyone,

In my continuing quest to figure out what I have for an engine
compresison ratio and what I need to shave to get to around 9:1, I've
discovered a little tidbit of info.

While painting my nice clean engine block over the weekend, I noticed
the block is numbered CF27xxxHE.  Does this mean I have a US spec high
compression engine?  What is the CR of a US spec high comp engine.  I
know the usual compression for the this engine serial number should be
7.5:1.

Rob Christopher
74.5 TR6   CF28217UO
Ottawa, ON