Shipwrights Disease Strikes TR-6 electric rejuvination

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipwrights Disease Strikes TR-6 electric rejuvination
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:45:23 -0800
Update.....

Well,  the new main wiring harness is strung and most connections are
identified and  await placement. Some interesting differences in the new
harness. Small guage illumination bulb holders are a press in style rather
than original screw type. The sockets themselves do still press fit the
guages. Anyone know bulb application for these. One each of the red/white
guage illumination wires for the speedo and tach has a bullet connector
rather than a bulb socket at their terminus. Wonder whats up with that?
Luckily I ordered a couple dozen extra bullets and connectors both one and
two wire. and I can connect in sockets from the old harness. But while under
the dash... removed cleaned (man there was some large amount of detritus in
the box, no wonder air flow was so low) and derusted and repainted the
heater box and disassembled and relubed squealing heater fan motor. Also
removed and ran all heater ducts and fittings through the dishwasher.
Replacing headlight switch, choke cables, clutch master (seeping ever so
slowly), shift gaiter, brake and clutch return springs (missing), steering
coupler, steering and rack ground straps, horn contact brush, heater hoses,
all underdash grommets, new horns (haven't had any for oh, maybe 15 years),
new glove box and finally new sun visors (currently bags of foam dust).

THe car looked new on the outside, undercarriage, and in most visible areas
but there was Big  Trouble in Electrical City under the dash. I will be wild
with glee once I turn the switch and the beasty is purring from the
attention once again.