TR6 engine in a GT6 - Formerly TR6 engine parts number request

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 engine in a GT6 - Formerly TR6 engine parts number request
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:34:53 -0500
Hey all,

Got 4 replies from my inquiry;  all presented a unique piece to the puzzle
to get the whole picture.  One member even took the time to look through
all his GT6 TR6 and 250 OEM Part manuals to find out the applications for me!

In my original inquiry I forgot to mention that the TR6 engine came
installed in a GT6, even though I only listed GT6's at the bottom.

While I didn't get any definite info regarding the intake, I now believe it
to be  from a MK1 GT6.  The flanges where the intake bolts to the head are
odd in the way that it has a rounded nub on the outside boltholes.  Also,
the middle bolthole is not inline with the outside boltholes.  Part of the
intake was blanked off from the head by the gasket as evidenced through the
carbon marks on the gasket when the intake was removed.  The manifold
flanges kind of look like the alphanumberic picture below; engine details
follow.  It is the best I can do without sending a picture.  :-)

       _ <--Raised "nubs" on outside flanges _
   ___/O\___             ___             ___/O\___
 _/ _     _ \_     __--'' O ''--__     _/ _     _ \_
 | |_|   |_| |     |_ |_|   |_| _|     | |_|   |_| |
  \___/-\___/        \___/-\___/        \___/-\___/

                         /\
            Top boltholes not inline; ports are inline

Exhaust - P/N 308292  (From a Late TR6 (73-73) Only CF series)
Intake  - P/N 207390  V3015   - CD150(GT6 MK1 carbs) unknown intake
application
Head    - P/N 307390  Early TR6 Head ports spacing 5/8"
Engine  - CC54150E    Early engine used up to 1972 (produced 1970?)

What I am wondering now is will a MK2 or MK3 intake line up the ports
better?  I measured a stock GT6MK2 intake and externally it measures up
right.  Will I be able to use the stock linkages from the MK1 carbs on the
MK2/3 intake manifold? (I.E. is the distance between the intake carb
boltholes different)

Thanks for all the previous 4 responses; If I have not responded personally
I must have missed your message.

Steve Reilly
'70 GT6's
Ontario, Canada