Re: TR6 glovebox finger pull & demister hoses

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 glovebox finger pull & demister hoses
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:13:25 -0000
Re: Finger Pull
Fit a new glovebox light switch and pack it so greater pressure is
exerted on the lid.

Re: Demister hoses
Had the same problem on my PI. Solved it by visiting a Caravan dealer
and buying some plastic waste water hose. Convoluted, infinitely
bendable, light, cheap - excellent for the purpose and entirely out of
sight. All I've now got to work out is why the heater blower causes
the ignition warning light to glow. Seems to place a heavier demand on
the alternator than the rear window heater, fuel pump and headlights
combined. Even when they are switched off, that little tell-tale
lights up beautifully soon as you switch on the blower. Sump'n
somewhere ain't right!

Jonmac