Hyman Ltd. CAVEAT EMPTOR Follow-Up (Details)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hyman Ltd. CAVEAT EMPTOR Follow-Up (Details)
From: Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:17:13 -0600 21, 2001) at 01/30/2002 06:17:14 PM, Serialize complete at 01/30/2002 06:17:14 PM, Itemize by SMTP Server on SMTPMTA4/i2Tech(Release 5.0.5 |September 22, 2000) at 01/30/2002 06:17:14 PM, Serialize by Router on SMTPMTA4/i2Tech(Release 5.0.5 |September 22, 2000) at 01/30/2002 06:17:23 PM, Serialize complete at 01/30/2002 06:17:23 PM
I am sorry you are going through this.  I know how frustrating and
sickening it feels.  I once flew long distance to buy a Corvette after a
number of lengthy exchanges and tons of photos from the seller, I decided
it was the right car and we even decided on a price.  I jumped on a plane
with certified funds in hand fully planning to drive the car home.  Short
story is, I arrived and he picked me up at the airport (not in the
Corvette) and when we got to his house and I saw the Vette, I was stunned.
 It was a piece of crap. I was upset that I had spent money on an airplane
ticket only to find this out.  I told the guy that it wasn't what he
represented and the deal was off.  Needless to say, it was an icy, quiet
ride back to the airport.  AND I now had to buy a return ticket!  While I
was upset and felt stupid that I lost the few hundred bucks on the
airfare, I felt that it was still better than being stuck with the car.
And that Vette was far less than $37K.

I would NEVER pay someone $37K for a car without investing a few hundred
in airfare to check it out in person.  I'm sure you probably agree with
that now.  ;-)

But don't let it get you down.  You'll find the right car!

-Greg