Halogen Headlamps

To: mpisani099@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net |July 24, 2000) at 01/31/2002 01:52:51 PM
Subject: Halogen Headlamps
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:49:16 -0800
Mike,

I installed a set of European spec Halogens in my TR6 last year.  These are
the type that use a separate bulb not the sealed units you can at most auto
parts store and cost about $20.  I put the 60/55 bulbs in first and this
made a tremendous improvement over the original headlamps.  After making
sure the headlamps were properly adjusted/aimed, I put in a higher rated
bulb:  100/80. Now, that made a real difference!  I also added separate
relays for the bright and dim circuits plus upgraded the wire to 10 and 12
gauge respectively.  Works like a dream.  I highly recommend the upgrade
for anyone doing any night driving.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649