Tie down options - TR3a

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tie down options - TR3a
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:59:43 -0500
Hi listers,

In thinking about how to tie the car to the trailer I had some ideas and I
firured I would pass it by the "collective" ;-)

When the car came home from the body shop I found out how hard it was to put
a tie down strap over the rear frame. So I thought how about some shackles
from the rear spring mounts. Then I could hook the tie down and attach it to
the trailer, easy right?

As for the front, some shackles on the frames where the bumper extensions
attach to the frame. Right by the rad mount point. The ideal for the front
would be "over-the-tire" straps, but I am trying to think in the "short"
term till I get some tie down points on the trailer installed.

Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a