Re: bonnet latch stuck on TR6

To: Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bonnet latch stuck on TR6
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:46:58 -0500
Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com wrote:

>  I don't think the cable is broken because the tension on the
> cable-pull under the dash is the same as it always has been when I pull it
> and it it returns home like its always done.   Also, I'm pretty sure I can
> hear the catch under the bonnet move when I pull it.   But the hood is not
> opening.    Its like something is jammed.

Hi Greg,

If the cable still pulls smoothly and you hit a point where you pull and the
cable doesn't
go any further then the cable isn't broken and chances are it is operating the
latch just
fine.  We see it fairly regularly around here.  Most often it's caused by the
safety catch
on the bonnet pin getting stuck on the wrong side of the hook that's welded to
the latch.
Best bet for releasing it is to have a helper pull and hold the cable while you
push and
pull up and down on the leading edge of the bonnet.  Shaking it up and down
pretty
aggressively usually jars the catch loose and then it pops up to it's normal 2
inches or
so...

Good luck!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
1242 East Ridge Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA  19462-2754
610-270-0505
610-270-3059 fax
(new website under construction...finally!
http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars )