Re: Brake Lock up

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, jerryvv@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Brake Lock up
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:46:51 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/17/2002 4:18:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> Let's see, these things are $300 apiece, I've put 15,000 miles on the car in
> those two years, so that means, um, at $600 divided by 15,000 miles gives
> $0.04
> per mile for brake boosters, while gasoline, at $1.30 a gallon and 25 mpg
> gives a
> gasoline cost of $0.05.
>
> Of course, this is one of those calculations that I dare not show my wife.
> She
> would probably get ideas about amortizing my total racing costs over the
> track
> time minutes I get and that is a truly awful ratio.........

Jack,

This has the same ring to it as my deer hunting expenses. By the time you add
one slightly used 4wheel Dr. truck- say $20,000  a decent rifle and a couple
of boxes of shels, about $500.  decent cold weather, camo clothes- $350.-
hunting license - $50 to $100. knives, boots, travel, meals, guides etc.  At
that rate, about 100 lbs of good venison runs about Hmmm!!! looks pretty
close to $200. per pound.
But hey, you can pull the race car with the truck, trade the gun for some
good tires and tear up the clothes for grease rags. <:o)>  Grin
Doug Ross