Re: Tr3 Fuel Pump

To: ehassan@visicu.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tr3 Fuel Pump
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:04:43 EST
In a message dated 2/18/02 8:56:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ehassan@visicu.com writes:

> I think I may have a major problem on my hand.  I removed the old fuel pump
> off the engine block of the TR3 tonight.  This must have been the problem
> as
> to why the car would not start, for as I was removing the pump slowly so
> that I coul dsee how to put on the new one, the lever that extends out into
> the engine block fell off and in through the opening of the engine block.
> cannot feel the level while putting my fingers inside.
>
> Where did the part most likely go?
>
> How do I get the dang thing out?
>
> I am afraid to put the new pump on and run the engine with this piece of
> metal running around in there.
>
> HELP!!
>
> Any and all pieces of advice are greatly appreciated.

How about a magnet, one of those telescoping ones. Fish around thru the hole
and see what you catch. You won't do any harm and you'll probably pick up the
part.
Otherwise pick up the car and shake it upside down. The part will surely fall
out.
Good Luck!

Ray Antoky...Brooklyn, NY
59 TR3