RE: Accident Advice=Oops Long

Subject: RE: Accident Advice=Oops Long
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:52:41 -0800
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> And when going to small claims court the defendend must send an attorney
> which mean$ they will get off cheaper $ettling out of court.

It obviously differs from state to state, but in CA I believe they must send
an officer of the company to small claims court, not an attorney (unless of
course an attorney happens to be an officer).  The monetary limit is $5000 I
believe, and only actual, direct damages may be awarded.  In the case of an
auto accident, you would not sue the insurance company (since they did not
damage you), but rather the person who hit your car, who would then have to
appear personally (or forfeit).

Randall - not qualified to practice law within or without any state <g>