Re: TR3 fan replacement

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 fan replacement
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:53:02 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

> I've used an ordinary Hayden electric fan...a new Modine core...
> opted not to have the crank hole...  I don't use water wetter, the bypass is
> not
> plugged...  the thermostat is an ordinary 180F RobertShaw... grill slats
>opened
> up a bit.... cardboard air deflector installed

Gavin --

Randall's is a pretty extensive recipe for cool.  One additional item I use is a
discreet spoiler (about 18" x 4") to scoop more air against the lower third of
the radiator.

FWIW I use a "pusher" fan and it seems to help when on and not hinder when off
--
was able to modify it to still be able to use the handcrank.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson