TR3 fan replacement

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 fan replacement
From: "Gavin Rhodes" <grhodes@talbotcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:47:29 -0700
Hello all, can anyone recommend an aftermarket cooling fan for a TR3A? I'd
like a plastic one that requires MINIMAL modification. One of my motor
mounts went bad and I put 2 fans through the radiator before figuring out
what was wrong. The second fan was one of those metal flex ones you can get
at most auto parts stores. I had to really hack it up to get it to fit, so
I'm wondering if there is something easier out there. Right now I'm only
running an electric fan mounted on the front of the radiator. The car runs
at least 15 degrees hotter and I'm concerned that when summer rolls around
it won't provide enough cooling.
Does anyone on the list run with just an electric in a hot climate? 90+ in
summer here.

Thanks!

Gavin Rhodes