RE: TR3 fender beads and the big three-long and upset

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 fender beads and the big three-long and upset
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:45:28 -0800
> If my wife and I hadn't been standing there, we
> wouldn't of believed that there were different thicknesses of TR3
> windshields
> in stock and that the same part numbered piston set could be
> domed and flat.

Kent :

IMO this is typical of a 'discount' parts supplier, and VB certainly falls
into that category (also IMO).  I once tried to buy front struts for a
non-LBC at a local discount chain (Pep Boys), found two distinctly different
struts in sealed boxes with the same markings (neither of which fit my car
properly).  Took them back, wound up opening another 6 "factory sealed"
apparently identical boxes myself.  Final total : 3 of one type, 5 of
another.  This is the logical conclusion of only comparing price ...

Randall