Re: TR3A what is highest pre 60000# with old body styling?

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A what is highest pre 60000# with old body styling?
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:00:22 -0500
Tough questions to answer.

I believe the reason for the existence of pre-60K cars with new
bodies, and vice versa, is that the company that actually made and
painted the body shells, Mulliner's IIRC, would make up batches of
many (dozens? hundreds? not sure) at once, and cars would be built
from those shells and commissioned in no particular order.

This means that there are quite probably new- and old-styled bodies
intermingled in the numbers leading up to TS60000 ... perhaps even a
little ways after TS60000!  In other words, the oldest and the newest
may not in fact be in between your "live" and "donor" cars.

Building a Triumph never was an exact science!

Best,
Dan