a funny story

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: a funny story
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:19:40 -0600
broke tach cable, broke replacement tach cable, pulled tach to check it.  sure
enough gummed up harder than a preteens already chewed gum.  disassemble tach
on kitchen table, cleaned, lubed, reinstalled in dash.  looks great.  works
great (sitting with middle of dash apart).  screw down tach, attach
wires/lights, reinstall center dash.  huh ?  tach now says 3000rpm with engine
off !  take dash apart, take tach apart, reset needle to 0rpm, put the whole
thing together.  decide to drive car around block and make sure all ok before
assembling all.  almost run over wise guy teenager on corner, rats missed him.
all looks great.  use my nice power screwdriver to reassemble dash.  look at
tach.  2000rpm with engine off.  take apart, reset, watch very closely now as
everything put back together.  use my nice power screwdriver - ahhhhh -
magnetic field of power screwdriver sends tach to happy happy land.  take
apart, reset everything, use human powered screwdriver to reinstall center
dash...
larry lstein6@earthlink.net