RE: TR3 electric fan x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Tom Bottman" <tombotts@qwest.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 electric fan x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:36:08 -0700
> I have installed the Hayden electric fan, and it does work. However, I
> do have a couple of wiring questions.
> One of the wires (green) was to be connected to the vehicles AC clutch.
> Or could be used as a toggle switch manual override. My limited
> electrical knowledge bumped up against a brick wall with this. How does
> one do this with just the one wire?

Tom, does your setup look like this ?
http://www.linkline.com/personal/dbarton/fanconversion/HaydenWiringDiagram.h
tml

If so, to use the green wire as an override, you would connect it to one
side of a simple switch, and the other side to power (positive).  I believe
it's your choice whether that power is switched by the key or not;
unswitched may allow the fan to run with the key off which may not be
desirable.

> I tied the yellow wire to a key activated circuit (tied it in behind the
> fuse that also controls the wiper motor). Now the wiper motor does not
> work.

The earlier fuse block has a link between the two A4 terminals that isn't
mentioned anywhere.  If that link fell out, the flashers and brake lights
would also not work (assuming the wires at the fuse block haven't been
switched around).  However, if it's only the wipers that don't work, my
guess would be that the green wire to the wiper motor either broke, or
slipped out from under the screw.

Randall