TR3a carb seals - conclusion

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a carb seals - conclusion
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:48:37 -0400
Hi all,

A little while ago I posted a message about the jet levers being wet after
running.  The advice I was given was the cork seals were probably bad, dried
etc.

I ordered the replacement o-rings (the new rubber ones) and installed them
this morning. Started the car, much easier to start. Much better idle, not
looping as much. Turning off the car, no dieseling. To start the car again,
a 2sec crank and she caught no problem.

Stopping the engine and letting sit for a couple of hours, no more wet
levers.

This is definitely a simple upgrade I would recommend for any SU. The
condition of the cork ones when I took them out, they simply broke apart and
the pieces were hard and brittle

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - new o-rings, no leaks