RE: steering box

To: davidt@opentext.com
Subject: RE: steering box
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David,
0th order test: Is everything thight? If yes, proceed to point 1.
1) you can put teflon tape on the thread of the olive nut, then yon
can remove the bolts one by one, clean as much as you can with a
q-tip and actetone and put a (good) bit of hylomar sealant on the
bolts before putting them back in. Does that work? If no, proceed to
point 2.
2) Much more complicated: remove front plate, gasket and shims, clean
everything, put new gasket and retighten. Install new olive on an
UNDAMAGED location of the steering colum inner tube. If it does not
work proceed to point 3
3) log on to www.bitchaboutit.com

Francois

Hi all,

The '3 is going in for certification tomorrow which means I am
scrambling to
double check everything.

I then noticed that the steeing box is leaking around the end bolts
and the
stay tube nut. Did I miss something?  What can I do?  From my
understanding,
here in Ontario this is considered a safety issue.

Any quick fixes available?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com