TR6 tappets on the floor -- engine stand

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 tappets on the floor -- engine stand
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 08:39:08 -0700
Well, I have the engine mounted on the stand, carefully
removed the head, removed and marked all the pushrods
for position.

I have the stand working so well (I greased the pivot),
so that the engine got away from me, swung upside down
and spit out all the lifters/tappets on the garage
floor. I said "darn it," or something in that same
general vein.

Now of course, I have no idea which one came from where
and cannot replace them in their previous homes once I
am ready for reassembly.

Is this a big deal? I have not miced them, have not
inspected the cam, so they may be due for a replacement
anyway.It is about $70 for a set of lifters, I guess.

By the time I get this all apart, re-built and
re-installed, I hope you will not have banned me from
this list.

thanks,

doug
'74 TR6