Duff Vendor - UK

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Duff Vendor - UK
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:36:33 +0100
Dear All,

This is in the nature of a public service announcement, but it will only
apply to UK consumers, so if you come from anywhere else, you can move
onto the next posting...

The In-Car Safety Centre of Milton Keynes is generally recognised as one
of the top suppliers of safety belts and child-seats in the UK.
According to the testimonials displayed on their walls, they have
customers driving hundreds of miles to use their services.   Several
members of my local branch of the TSSC, as well as staff members in
Bedford Mothercare, all recommended the In-Car Safety Centre.   Last
week I booked my seat-belt-less 1963 Herald in with them to have Inertia
Reel belts fitted in the front, and static lap-belts fitted in the back.
After two hours, In-Car Safety rang me to ask if I was prepared to
accept static belts in the front, as they couldn't work out how to fit
Inertia Reel belts.   After three hours they admitted that they couldn't
work out how to fit static belts either.   I was charged GBP69.80 for
the supply and fitting of two lap belts in the rear.

Today I checked the car over before driving to the Luton Festival of
Transport.   Of the four bolts holding down the lap belts in the back,
three were only finger-tight, and one was not even that done up that
well.

My wife and child are supposed to travel in this car.

Be warned.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV