TR6 Motor mounts

To: "INTERNET:bob@bob.mclaughlin.name" <bob@bob.mclaughlin.name>
Subject: TR6 Motor mounts
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:26:23 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:bob@bob.mclaughlin.name
>Anyone give me some advice on changing the motor mounts on a
TR6? The rubber is breaking down, after all it's only been 31
years.
I have the new mounts,now I need to know the best way to go
about it.  Looks like I can get a bottle jack under the motor
side mount.  Will it raise enough to give clearance?  Is
there other things that need to be loosened also?

If anyone has done this, what are the "gotcha" points.
<

Bob, place the jack under the oil pan (with a board inbetween) and take the
weight of the engine.  Then, working one side at a time, loosen all the
nuts on the mount.  Adjust the jack to allow the two bolts to slide out.
At this point you may have to raise the engine a bit to work the mount free
of the bracket mounted to the block.

Fit the new mount and align the holes on the mount flange with the holes on
the frame and fit the bolts back into place.  This may take some gentle
height adjustments with the jack and may  a bit of hand rocking of the
engine.  Start all the nuts before tightening any of them.  After all the
nuts are started you can tighten them in any sequence.

Do the other side in the same manner.

The only tricky part is lining up the holes to fit the bolts.

Cheers

Dave
71 TR6