Carb linkage finish question

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb linkage finish question
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:41:37 -0700
What is the correct finish for the carb linkage on a 4A?  Most of the
replacement parts come in a yellowish plated finish, but I can't find any
trace of that kind of finish on the original parts (though to be honest, I
can't find any traces of any finish).

I doesn't seem like painting or powder coating are an option, and while I
can easily polish them up, they will just rust up again.  Seems like they
need some sort of plating, does anyone have any experience with any of the
home-brew plating kits?  Or is there some simpler option that I'm
overlooking?

Thanks,
Darrell

--