Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:24:15 -0400
Cc: bill@cs.scranton.edu
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, levilevi wrote:

>> This is obviously just my opinion but I think four emails >>to this list
>about you selling your Spitfire is enough.  We >>understand already!!!

>Well, never having done it before I wasn't sure about simple >things like
>pricing.  After over 250 people had visited the >site with the pictures and
>not receiving even a single >comment, I thought maybe I could at lest provoke
>people to >tell me why there was not interest.  Considering how many
>messages we have had about trucks towing boats off cliffs >and B&W TV shows, I
>would have thought something more on >topic would receive a little more
>consideration and not >upset anyone.  I guess I was wrong.

Good point, Bill!!! He's right about how many strings about TV shows, weather
of the day, and wildlife seen through somebody's kitchen window there are...so
let's cut the guy some slack.  He's just trying to sell his Spitfire to
somebody who'll give it a good home.  I've seen more discussion devoted to
whether a commission # should be stamped 3/8 inches or 5/16 inches from the top
of the commission information plate (or something similar...you get the point)
without any complaints.  As someone on the list once told me when I was
suffering similar slings and arrows...the anonymity of the internet allows
people who are jerks, but would otherwise be constrained by societal norms in
person, to let their natural tendency run free.  Don't feel put off, Bill

Stuart