RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]

To: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:26:09 -0400
Cc: "'[unknown]'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
> Dave,  I'm a little late getting into this but the symptoms
> don't sound electrical.  I suspect the engine is flooding when warm.
> Question: how does it start when cold?  Do you need much choke?  It could
> be the carbs are set too rich and floods out when warm.

Pull choke out 1 notch, pump the gas 5 times, hit the starter and 5 sec
crank she goes.

Too rich, hmmm, "FT" suggested I push the buttons on the side of the carbs
to see if too rich/lean.  When pressed and held pressed, the rear carb makes
the engine increase in rpm, the front carb as well but not much.  Is this
the right way to test?

Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L