RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:46:48 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
> That's the right test, and it does indicate that both carbs
> are way rich,
> especially the rear.  The buttons should only be pressed far
> enough to raise
> the pistons a small amount (3/32" as I recall, but I don't
> have the book
> handy), and the idle should momentarily rise then fall back
> to the same
> speed.  If you lift the pistons further, the idle will
> continue to fall and
> eventually become ragged when the mixture is properly set.

okay, so my course of action is to lean the mixture.  The nuts on the bottom
of the carbs below the springs right?  Lean is to the right, correct?  About
and 1/8th turn and recheck? Geez, this will teach me to pay attention the
next time this is discussed on the list!

Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L