Installing Rear Overriders

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Installing Rear Overriders
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:30:43 -0400
Hi everyone... I am putting the overriders back ON my 1976 TR6 in an effort
to get back to original appearance.  Previous owner (my brother) took them
off years ago.  Front were easy to figure out.  For the rear two, I have a
question.  Ot looks as though the bracket meets up with the rear valence,
behind the bumper in such a way that there might SUPPOSED to be a cushion
of some sort between the bracket and the valence.  Does anyone know if a
fiber washer or spacer of some sort does indeed rest between the bracket
and the valence to minimize contact and sort of a water trap between the
two?  I've check the illustrations in the big 3 catalogs and they don't
show such a buffer.

Thanks!
Blake Discher

1976 TR6, 1971 Stag.   See them and play my fun game:
"Don't Crash the Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club:  http://www.detroittriumph.org